There are typically 7 sessions in the school year and this can be paid in advance at a discounted rate of €350.00. Payment can be made via the school’s Easy Payments Plus on www.hfcs.ie.
Please note the following dates when study will not take place:
September: 22nd, 30th.
October: 4th, 17th.
November: 8th, 18th, 24th, 29th.
January: 9th, 24th.
February: 6th, 7th, 27th.
March: 16th, 17th, 28th.
May: 1st, 30th.
Contact Ms Connaughton for further information.
Supervised Study Rules:
1. Students should bring a second lunch to be eaten prior to study between 3.40 and 3.50 p.m. Please note that study begins at 3.55pm sharp. If students are late they are disrupting the learning environment for others and this is not acceptable. A register of lateness will be kept and parents will be informed.
2. Each student will be assigned a place in the study room. Students must sit in their assigned seat for the duration of the study block.
3. Students should follow the one-way system around the school.
4. No communication between students will be permitted. This includes borrowing of books and equipment.
5. Mobile phones are forbidden during study time unless students need to access OneNote for assigned work.
6. Students who are absent or leaving early must have a note. Students who are involved in extra-curricular activities must inform the Study Coordinator prior to the commencement of study otherwise they will be marked absent.
7. Students are not permitted to leave study to work on projects unless prior permission has been given by the subject teacher who will also be supervising these students. Under no circumstances are students to work on supervised on projects in the library or any practical room.
8. A Register of attendance will be kept. Parents will be notified via email if a student is absent for more than 3 consecutive days in the same week.
9. Students who do not comply fully with the Code of Behaviour and the above regulations will be asked to leave Supervised Study. There will be no refund of fees. The supervising teacher’s decision is final. There will be no appeal.